Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Happy New Year!!!

~Happy New Year all~
Whoa....... what a ride 2017 has been!
I can't thank you all enough for your support, following and friendship!
I've meet so many wonderful gals over the years and looking forward to meeting many more  in 2018 as I venture out a bit more from my little home in PA!

I am finding joy in the stitchin/hookin retreats popping up all over the country!  I must tell you!  If you have never been to a weekend retreat you must give it a try!  I can't explain the joy of spending time with others who enjoy the same handwork.  

I will be attending 3 this year and I must tell you about all three!

The first one is The Spring Fiber Fest 2018 which will be  held in Gettysburg, PA on April 19 - 22, 2018.  I am helping host this one with Linda Keller of Grant Street Woolworks and Kathy Makers of Primitive Homespun Wool and Needleworks Shop! 
Three classes will be offered for the beginner and the seasoned hooker, puncher and wool appliquer (I think I made that word up because its not in spell check).
Anyway...... can't wait! 
We will have a small merchant mall, prizes will be given away, hotel rooms are only $99.00 a night with a free breakfast and dinner each day!  Can't beat that deal!  
You can find more information on our Fackbook page or message for more information! 

The next retreat is May 31 - June 2, 2018 and is the Primitive Stitchers Society Retreat which will be held in Harrisburg, PA!  Not far for me to go this year!  So excited!  This is a well established retreat and on its 4th year!  The location of this retreat moves each year but has a great group of gals from all over the country!  The Merchant Mall is open to the public on Friday and Saturday so if you are in the area stop in!!!

The 3rd is Rug Hooking Week at Sauder Village in 
Archbold, Ohio!  
It is being held  August 14 - 18, 2018!  I will post more about it later..... so excited!  

I wanted to share a challenge I started January 2017 and stitched on it all year long!   Some of you may have followed along and watched it grow!  I'm thrilled that I was able to fill it since I missed a few months once my shows started!  A new challenge has begun for 2018 and I've started a Facebook group if you would like to join in and create a masterpiece yourself!
Join the challenge here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Hope you are having a wonderful day!