Friday, December 12, 2008

Where did the time go?











WOW!!! I can't believe it is almost Christmas! Hope you are not as far behind on decorating as I am! My son and I just went and cut a tree today so it is now lying in the garage waiting for my husband to put it in the stand. As much as I hate to say it...... I see an artifical tree in the near future!

Anyway........ I would like to show you my favorite cupboard that my husband created this year for my shows and a quick and easy porch display.
My sister and I were on a road trip one day and came upon this yard sale which had some old wooden window screens standing up against a tree. Only expecting to purchase a couple to see what I could do with them turned out to be a van full of 16 screens! What a mess with specks of white paint all through my van until we got them loaded and unloaded. We laughed the whole way home wondering what my husband would say about this purchase! He wasn't real happy until I took the first 4 to a show and came home with none................ doubled my money with the sale of one! All I did was put a nice hook on the top and added a twig wreath with a wooden pineapple that I cut out and painted. This pie cupboard was made using one of the screens for the door............ I was hoping it wouldn't sell but of course it did!! I saved one screen so hopefully I can talk my husband into making me one!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Hope you are having a wonderful day!