Tuesday, September 10, 2019

New England Road Trip

Last week my husband Jeff and I took a vacation!  It was a long overdue trip and what a nice time we had!
 It started out with a stop in Brimfield, Massachusetts for the antique show! 
 Whoa.......... that place is HUGE and a bit overwhelming!! We had 2 hours the day we arrived and really did not have the desire to return the next day so we went to Old Sturbridge Village instead!  Spent 3 hours walking the village on a perfect day! So relaxing!
 We then hit the antique stores in the area. My most favorite shop was Ye Country Mercantile!
 Beautiful shop with antiques and wool!!!
I found this awesome wood mold and the hand-dyed wool there!  I'm thinking it is a butter mold.

We then drove up to Boothbay Harbor Maine for a whale watch!  This was the part of the trip I was looking forward to!  It was our first trip to Maine and we will be going back!  Loved it! What a beautiful coastal town!
We saw 3 different whales surfacing multiple times and close to the boat!  They were Minke whales which I never even heard of! The marine biologist onboard shared a wealth of information about the area too. 
 We also spent a day at Ogunquit, Maine. We walked The Marginal Way which is a mile-long walk along the rocky coast which was spectacular!  
Here was the view we had during dinner one night in Perkins Cove!!! Need I say more! 

We took a bit of a detour when starting home and went to a few antique stores in Vermont. Here is a group shot of all the goodies I brought home with me! 
 Love the cute little red rocker!
A little story about this plastic sewing box.  I found a rug hooking tool in it and that is all I wanted but they wouldn't let me buy just the hook so I put it back!  When we were done in the shop Jeff insisted I go back and get the entire sewing box so I did!  And oh my gosh! So glad I did!  Because on the very bottom of all those knitting needles I found this amazing 6" oval Duchess Hoop!!  It is in super good condition! 
This is the hook, on the left, I wanted in the sewing box. The scissors and needle case I found in a little antique shop in Vermont.

I did find one maple sugar mold which is what I was looking for!  

I could go on and on but will stop for now!  Just an amazing trip and looking forward to going back! 





8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and memorable trip for you guys....smiles all around....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay to go on and on. I won't stop you :-) What amazing treasures. I wonder if the butter mold is also a Specula (cookie that I luv!) mold. I read your post then scrolled back up and stared at it a min. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Hope you are having a wonderful day!