Tuesday, April 26, 2016

New punch needle pattern!

The joy of punching!  
When I first started punching it seemed like a long boring process!  My sights were always set on the small designs that I could complete in a short period of time.  
It wasn't until after I could thread the needle without getting the instruction booklet out, learning how to relax my hand while punching away and the discovery of Valdani threads did I really start to enjoy the process. 
I now look forward to setting down in the evenings to punch away! Nothing more relaxing than a drum tight piece of fabric on the frame and a beautiful work of art coming to life one punch at a time. I really think my husband is getting use to the sound of the punch because he no longer says "do you need to be so noisy"!  
This is my largest design to date measuring 7 1/2 inches by 5 inches.   I'v always been intrigued by the Pennsylvania Fraktur paintings of the 1800's which inspired this Blue Bird Fraktur design.  I love the look of mirrored images and flowers so look for more to come! 
The pattern can be purchase in my Etsy shop as an e-pattern or a mailed pattern with weavers cloth and on Patternmart as an e-pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Hope you are having a wonderful day!