Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A World Traveling Meerkat!

Heather from NiftyKnits, a member of the ETTEAM on Etsy that I belong to, creates some amazing hand knitted critters! Back in November she decided to send two meerkats out on a worldwide tour. Their creation and tour began in the United Kingdom! "Treasures" first stop was in Israel and "Etta" made her way to the USA! Etta is still making her way across the US but poor Treasure got lost somewhere between Estonia and Turkey. They are collecting souvenirs from all the homes she has visited and a lucky winner will receive the goodies and the meerkat at the end of the tour. So be sure to watch for sign-ups on Heathers blog and facebook to be entered into the Giveaway! You can follow their journey's on Heathers blog and facebook!
In order to keep the tour going Heather sent a third meerkat out named "Alchemy" and she arrived at my house, here in a cold PA, last week! It was a little bit of a temperature change from her last stop down South but she adjusted quite well! We are seeing some signs of Spring and warmer temperatures this week! She shared in my excitement of the daffodils poking up through the snow!

On Thursday we went to a wool shop with some friends and Etta had fun sitting in a pile of wool strips ready for rug hooking!



Here is a picture of the rug I've been hooking for sometime now!!! I won't tell you how many years but I'm determined to finish it up......... real soon!

We played a little Hide and Seek and I found her dancing in my collection of Nancy Ann Storybook dolls! Yesterday was a big day!!! She helped with a photo shoot of a new item for my Etsy Shop..... an antique reproduction of a Shaker writing desk! It seemed to take forever but we finally got it done and listed!Her she is playing "Where's Alchemy?" with some of her new friends in my workshop!
My son is home from college on Spring break and was in the wood shop working on the lathe. She was quite impressed with the really cute bowl he turned! I love the grain in this wood.... I think my husband said it was mulberry!
I decided Alchemy needed a sleeping bag to help keep her comfy and warm on the rest of her journey! Here you can see the final stages of stitching the bag together! Here she is all warm and snugly in her new bag and ready to make her trip to Michigan! It's been a nice visit and I hate to see her go!

21 comments:

  1. Such a cute post, and a great peek into your creative world. Love the rug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing Alchemy - looks like she's adjusted well to her traveling role! Cute sleeping bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa, Looks like you and Etta had a wonderful visit together! Love the rug, the turned bowl, the new shaker desk and the adorable little sleeping bag for the rest of her travels. Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, it looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little Meerkats are the cutest! Love your post with them. Love your new slant top desk also! Great Job! I hope the new little meerkat finds his way!
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  6. So neat to see all the photos of that cute little meerkat! And I love that writing desk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what fun! I love the grain in the wood, and Alchemy looks so sweet in her new sleeping bag. I shall go add your link to the meerkat facebook page. Thank you Teresa! http://www.facebook.com/pages/NiftyKnits-Meerkat-World-Tour/168113137551

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the world-traveling Meerkat! What a great idea!!!
    You're doing a great job on your hooked rug! Please come and join the hook=-ins on Thurs. at Linda's.
    Very nice desk. I'll have to check out your Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I got such a chuckle reading your post, Teresa...I love all the places the meerkat visited in you home! I love him in the bowl...too cute! And what a great idea to do something like that. I would love to see all the goodies that he has collected along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute teresa! I wish I could have gone on the journey too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. The meerkat adventures are so much fun to follow. What a wonderful stop at your place Teresa. And such a super bunch of experiences; love your creative range.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great pictures of alchemy - Loved seeing her traveling and helping out - love her sleeping bag too! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun visit! LOVE the sleeping bag you made - looks so cozy. You'll have to start making those in child and adult sizes too!

    Your boys bowl is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute Teresa! What an adventure lol. Sorry I missed you last week. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. TOO ADORABLE...I LOVE THIS.
    I think whoever wins this little treasure plus all the treasures she has picked up along the way is going to be overjoyed.
    Thanks for the giggles and a very enjoyable post.
    I'm so happy I have one of those writing desks coming!!!!
    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. really cute post sounds like you had alot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh Teresa! That's sooo cute... made me smile thru the whole post.

    She has quite the sleeping bag now too... lucky little meercat!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Easter Teresa! Hope you have a super special day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That story is so precious!!!! Looks like both of you had a fun time:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG That is too cute! I loved reading about your adventures together! ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Hope you are having a wonderful day!